26 Apr 2011

Marvel Series 1: THOR Movie Poster



In recent years Marvel Studios have been responsible for some of the best superhero movies at the cinema. Spiderman, X-Men, Blade and IronMan are just some of the names that have helped build Marvel's reputation as the kings of the comic book franchise. The next few years will see the release of a number of Marvel films as the release of Thor (in UK cinemas tomorrow) will be followed by X-Men First Class, Captain America, The Avengers and a brand new Spiderman.

To celebrate the release of this new batch of Marvel movies I have decided to release a set of posters, one for each of the next 5 Marvel films, starting with Thor. This 24x18 inch poster will be limited to a run of only 10 copies, signed and numbered. Each future Marvel poster print will also be limited to a run of 10, so overall only 50 posters will be produced, spanning five films.

The Thor poster combines the superheroes iconic hammer with the Nordic legends famous lightning bolt to create a stylish, minimalist feel to the work. The colours are inspired by the Swedish flag as a subtle reference to the Nordic origins of Thor.

You can pre-order your poster via the Buy It Now button below. Again, there will be a short delay between ordering and delivery as I wait for prints back from the printer.
Please note, all Thor prints are now sold out. Keep checking the blog for the next in the series.
Thanks

7 comments:

  1. And I will be buying every one of them.

    Love your work, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nik, glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put in an order today; I can't wait to hang this on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind comment, you bought number 9/10 so you just made it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea for the Marvel posters, and love the hammer also being a cloud with thunder, very creative, but I'm curious, are you going to me making any more entourage posters? I check this blog almost daily in hopes of seeing a Medellin or some other entourage poster up, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Seeing your skill, and how great your work is, I was hoping you planned on making more of the entourage posters. Us die hard fans are waiting come on Dave! We want entourage posters! We want entourage posters! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey bro i hear you have entourage posters as well like medellin ones?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anon, sadly I dont have any entourage posters. Check the Queens Boulevard post, in the comments section, for more details.

    ReplyDelete